Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a course that is pursued after class 10. The course focuses on imparting professional specialisation in the field of designing. The course includes the application of laws of physics for design, analysis and manufacturing of mechanical systems.
Students who choose the course are taught to form and collect motors and structures, control plants and vehicles of all sizes, understand concepts of mechanics, kinetics, hydraulics , energy and vitality.
Anyone who possesses excellent mechanical engineering and technical drawing skills can apply for the course. The new curriculum of course also requires students to know a certain set of computer skills for designing machines and equipment.
Candidates must pass class 10 or class 12 with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects of study. The candidate must score good marks like above 50% in the board exams to have a proper chance of getting admission in a college of his choice.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Admission Process
The admission process is mostly merit based, based on class 10 Board Exam. But there are certain colleges that take in students based on entrance exams like Chandigarh University. Thus there are two modes of entry for a diploma in mechanical engineering, they are merit based and entrance based. The process for entrance based admission process is:
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Eligibility
A student can get admission for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after his class 10 boards or 12 boards according to his choice. The eligibility requirements of both are stated below:
- Candidates must have passed 10th grade from any recognized Board with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Candidate with a 10th passing certificate and a Certificate in Motorcycle Service and Repair (CMSR)
- Candidates must have passed 12th grade with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects, and must have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: Course Highlights
The highlights of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which states the course level, duration exam type, eligibility, admission process and other informations are mentioned below:
|Exam Type||Semester/Year wise|
|Eligibility||Class 10 Pass with 55% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit based/ Entrance Exam|
|Top Recruiters||Samsung, Tech Mahindra,L&T Limited,TCS, Mahindra and Mahindra, TATA Power, Oracle, ACCENTURE, Just Dial, Oracle, TATA Consultancy Services, Vivo Mobile, Google, Amazon Flipkart, Samsung, Wipro, Bajaj, Hero, Leyland, Ford, Honda BARC, BHEL, NTPC, ISRO,Aban group, Nura Engineering Pvt. Ltd|
|Job Positions||Assistant Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Process Development Technologist, Section Head, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technician, Assistant Professor, Engineering Trainee, Manufacturing Manager, Professor, etc.|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: What is it about?
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is just an extension of the various domains of engineering. The course deals with the application of principles of mechanical systems.
- It seeks to provide more accessible and quality education. The course touches each and every aspect of working of vehicle engines, watercraft, aircraft, warming and cooling frameworks, industrial equipment and machinery, robotics.
- Apart from this, the course touches the concepts of mechanics, kinetics, fluid mechanics, energy and many more.