Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering is a 3-year professional course.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is the specialization of engineering that involves the application of:
The field first turned into an identifiable occupation in the late 19th century after commercialization of the electric transmit and electrical power supply systems.
Major subtopics covered in the discipline include:
- Control Frameworks
- Signal Processing
- Broadcast communications.
Minimum eligibility for admission to the course is the successful completion of class X, or equivalent level of education with a minimum aggregate score of 40% with Sc ience and Mathematics, and English as 3 of the main subjects.
The course can also be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as:
- Assistant Engineer
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Civil Artist/ Editor/ Research Assistant
- Assistant Manager CHP
- Design Assistant
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Electronics Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Systems Developer
- Network Engineer, etc.
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on performance in entrance exam|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Indian Railways, DRDO, Indian Armed Forces, State Electricity Boards, PWD, Municipal Corporations, BHEL, SAIL, Anchor (Now Panasonic) Electricals, Oreva, Crompton Greaves, Schneider Electric, Godrej Electrical and Electronics, Hindustan Motor, Tata Steel & Power Limited, Jay Balaji Steel Tata motors, Tata Metallic, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges & universities, Electronics and Communication Aviation Department, Defense Services, Entertainment Industry, Health care equipment manufacturing industry, Indian railways, internet technologies, IT industry, mobile communication, National physical laboratories, Telecommunication Industry, and such.|
|Job Positions||Assistant Engineer, Technical Assistant, Project Assistant, Civil Artist/ Editor/ Research Assistant, Assistant Manager CHP, Design Assistant, Control and Instrumentation Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, Manufacturing Systems Engineer, Systems Analyst, Electronics Engineer, IT Consultant, Systems Developer, Network Engineer, among others.|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: What is it About?
The discipline involves an advanced study of engineering-related application of electricity. This stream covers subjects of study such as:
generation and transmission of electricity.
- electrical system and gadgets.
- design, development and maintenance of such devices, power plants, and systems.
- design of electronic devices, components and circuits.
- principles and concepts of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- principles of design and manufacturing of electronic circuits, components and devices.
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- complex problem-solving skills.
- ability to identifying complex issues.
- ability to checking on related data to create and assess alternatives and execute solutions.
- common knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- aptitude for determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- strong decision-making skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- ability to prioritize and plan work effectively.
- ability to manage budget.
The course has been designed to impart to eligible candidates:
- adequate knowledge and skills in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- skills in research activities.
- an advanced understanding of new, vital, current, and even futuristic technologies.